On September 9, 2106, the following University of Kentucky College of Medicine medical students and Emergency Medicine faculty made presentations at the 2016 SAEM Midwest Regional Meeting, hosted by the Indiana University School of Medicine Department of Emergency Medicine, held at the Sidney & Lois Eskenazi Hospital Campus.
- Jonathan Bronner, MD, presented a didactic presentation on, “How to get involved in academics straight out of residency”
- Christopher Doty, MD, presented a Junior Faculty Development session on, “How to Maintain Wellness in your Academic Career”
- Ethen Ellington, Jared Hopkins, Brian Adkins, MD, FACEP, (poster presentation by E Ellington), “Explosion of an Electronic Cigarette Prompting Endotracheal Intubation: Case Report”
- Josh Kaine, Nick Chien, Katie Kraft, Jacob Avila, Matthew Dawson, (poster presentation by J Kaine), “Peer Mentors are Non-Inferior to Attendings in Teaching Basic Ultrasound Guided IV Access”
- Jennifer Hamilton, Kyle Bloemer, Tyler Hurst, Sameer Desai, (poster presentation by K Bloemer & J Hamilton), “Educational Benefit of Ultrasound Guided Pericardiocentesis Models for Medical Students”